Lately I've been posting about how much work I have, and how much I'd like to hire a freelance graphics designer to help me with everything - but the truth is, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I think the worst may actually be over. This is maybe the second time I've thought this, in my position, so I'm giving it one last chance to improve until March 11, my 6-month mark, at which point I'll assess the situation again and see what I have to do.
Until then, I have a lot of personal things to accomplish, and I'd really like to get some people lined up to help my office if I'm going to be unavailable (if I decide to move after March, etc).
So.. for now, continuing with the funnies.
Today, after the usual 3pm deadline, I meant to hang around the AM pages to check out some of my friends' work. However, it occurred to me that my clean laundry was still sitting on my bed. So I folded that, and then washed and dried my bedsheets, and got out some new white flannel bedsheets with cute little intricate snowflakes printed on them, which I got for my birthday, just in time for the really cold weather. So I put them on, cute as they are, but not until after I had to struggle with them just a tad.
You see, I think the sheets are actually for a king-sized bed or something. They are rather large for my queen. I pick up the fitted sheet and start to stretch it out. I simply can't figure out which ends go to which corners on the bed. The sewing on the sheet corners seemed to be equally spaced on all four sides. So after turning it around in my hands like pizza dough for a few minutes, I finally gave up, threw the thing down on the bed, and just started stretching corners to corners. Thankfully it all worked out in the end. It was touch and go there for a while.