Sunday, February 07, 2010

Too Lazy For Google

So, some of you may have noticed in the last year that I have developed another blog called Too Lazy For Google. When a really random question comes to mind, if you have the latest smart phone or gadget out there, you can look it up instantly and be everyone's go-to guy, like a co-worker of mine who is always the one to have to look up the latest dumbest thing that I and other co-workers want to know about.

I am not one of these people that clamors for the latest and greatest tech to satisfy all my crazy questions, because I know that either my inquiry will be unimportant and forgotten by the time I reach home, or I will simply put it on the back burner until I'm near a search engine that can help me. However, in recent months with a very lengthy commute, even the questions I'd like to remember have ended up lost somewhere in the gray matter. So rather than simply scratching out these impermanent thoughts on paper or a hand or something I really would rather not have written on, I've developed the blog to which I can send a text message that will free my mind for more important things, like determining whether I should get my Starbucks at Newark Penn or in Westfield.

The idea behind the blog is that no matter how interesting I may find my question at the time, I'm usually too lazy to bother looking it up unless it is truly important to my existence, so I post the more trivial questions there so that my fantastic friends and family might find it amusing and may even post a comment response, usually detailing what a Google search may have actually contributed to my knowledge base in that subject, had I not been too lazy to search for it.

I have one more humorous thing to share on the subject, and that is this recent post I found on Bauer-Power which features a hilarious website, Let Me Google That For You, that will generate a sarcastic visual tutorial for someone who is simply too lazy to look something up and would rather bother the closest IT professional (or my co-worker who gets all the random questions all the time). Say the person asked what "blogging" was, because they just weren't sure. Guy With All The Answers can simply type "blogging" into the LMGTFY website, which generates a page resembling Google, which Answer Guy can now send to Annoying Co-worker. This automatically-generated page for the word "blogging" creates a step-by-step tutorial which animates in the letters "b-l-o-g-g-i-n-g" followed by an animated cursor navigating to the "Google Search" button and a text field with the remarks, "Was that so hard?" and redirects the viewer to actual Google search results. I find it fantastic. :)

Well enough randomness.. it's almost Superbowl time. My nails are painted blue... are yours? Go Colts! (PS: Drew Brees, we'll be cheering for you too...)

No comments: