Monday, September 17, 2012

Hey 2012, Slow Down, Mkay?

It wasn't until last week that I realized this year has flown by and I haven't posted a single thing on my blog. Not that that's entirely bad; it means that I'm not super narcissistic or have a load of empty time on my hands. I do love to write though, and don't invite myself to do it much other than to be conversational on Facebook or in IMs, which is not really writing. I am kicking around a couple of stories in my head, either for just writing projects, or possible animation projects, but nothing serious at this time. I have a lot of other things going on.



Started the year with a pretty awesome birthday, followed by a trip to San Francisco, followed by several months of living in Dallas and working with the rockin crew at Janimation, then a trip to Seattle for PAX and more family fun; pretty soon it'll be New Jersey for a weekend, ACL coming up, our fourth wedding anniversary, Halloween around the corner, something or another for Thanksgiving, and already it'll be Christmas and New Year's Eve all over again.

So, who installed the fast-forward button on life, and who can I call to install a pause button?

Seriously.

I don't understand why, but last year seemed unusually fast, and this year has gone by scary fast. I think I'm going to blink and I'll be 90 years old like my grandpa this year.



At any rate, life has been good. Crazy that we've been together for 10 years now. We've been talking a lot about making some big changes, but nothing too serious just yet. We are loving it in Austin and enjoying our good friends and lovely townhome. We talked about finally taking our honeymoon this year, but it appears to still be a dream since work interferes one way or another. Early next year I think we're going to take a nice big trip. Not sure if we'll call it a honeymoon or if it'll just be a long-overdue vacation, since we're epicly bad at taking those.

Hope all has been well for everyone near and far.


No comments: