Tuesday, April 03, 2007

One Keyframe At A Time

If you use animation as an analogy to life, I've just polished up a money shot keyframe. This move was difficult, but now that I'm here, I know without a doubt this is the best decision I could have made for myself as an animator and for my relationship with Naveen.

I wish I could have spent more time with the latest greatest Brett Coderre for class 4, but I got everything out of that class that I could, given my situation, and now I'm going to use that to inspire me for class 5. I have a really great mentor this term too, Ricardo Curtis, who used to be a story artist and animator at Pixar, as well as a supervising animator at Warner Bros. Feature Animation... but who has moved on to start his own House of Cool Studios in Toronto (Canada), and simultaneously be the head of story at Blue Sky Studios doing Horton Hears A Who. His credits include The Incredibles, Monsters Inc, The Road to El Dorado, Osmosis Jones, and The Iron Giant.

Of course you can imagine how thrilled I am. Of course, as always, I must kick myself back to work. I'll come back around Friday to let you know how my first Q&A session went.

No comments: