Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Blog Tag

So here's something new...

(Part 1: Rules)

You've been tagged!

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

(Part 2: Eight Random Facts)

1. I am an aspiring character animator who loves facial and gestural performance.
2. I enjoy making faces at myself.
3. I love foreign accents and regularly make impressionistic attempts.
4. I'm a systematic popcorn eater.
5. I once sang karaoke very badly at an Irish pub in Rzeszow, Poland.
6. I've been in more bicycle accidents than car accidents.
7. I once had a dream that Steven Spielberg wanted me to leave school and animate a movie for him.
8. I am easily distracted by the presence of internet.

(Part 3: Synopsis)

From the first three points above, you should have a pretty good sense that I have a pretty strong appeal toward character, which is pretty much why I have chosen animation as a career. The popcorn thing is, in short, a 'saving the best for last' characteristic of myself in which I tend to eat plain kernels first and follow them with the buttery, salty, cheesy, or otherwise-flavored kernels toward the end of a snack session. This principle applies to pretty much all food intake. The karaoke thing is just one more thing I've done that tends to surprise people I know, and gives me an opportunity to think about that fantastic month I spent with 7 other selected peers and a couple profs, journeying to the other side of the world to teach computer graphics for a month. The bicycle thing is something that started happening throughout college, to the point that I wondered why there weren't any bicycle accident insurance salesmen on campus. Next - I am a dreamer. I dream, a lot. I used to dream a lot more, and then I was frequently starved of sleep for up to 3-4 days at a time throughout my college years, and now the dreams are returning. The Spielberg dream happened in my senior year of high school, however - before my confidence was knocked down by the reality that there are thousands of crazy awesome animators competing out there. And, finally, I am distracted by the internet: obviously I'm spending time writing this and I really should get back to working on my short film.

(Part 4: Naming Names)

1. Naveen Nattam
2. Will Kistler
3. Matt Koehl
4. Tuan Pham
5. Mike Bass
6. Eric Luhta
7. Deter Brown
8. Ares Deveaux

(Part 5: Finishing Touch)

So yeah, if I tagged you, you have been cursed by the nagging call of the blogging deities to fulfill your duty to absolutely no one. On the other hand, if I didn't tag you, do not feel lucky that you were spared - I may forward this to you at some point - and neither should you feel neglected - after all, this is really annoying. :-)

No comments: