Friday, May 15, 2009

Netflix is Too Awesome

So, this post is (obviously) about how cool Netflix is.



The other night, I was trying to watch the last couple episodes of Mythbusters Collecion 1 while eating dinner. Unfortunately every time I clicked "play" I got sent to a very odd looking error page. I kept trying to reload it - I restarted my browser, and even tried other browsers, but no luck. Actually, I assumed the problem was on my end because my area had two powerouts lately which I thought might have messed with my net connection or something like that. Usually when I experience some kind of customer difficulty I'm pretty comfortable with writing in a complaint or at least report the problem, but as I mentioned, I assumed it was my problem in this case and didn't report it, watching Hulu instead for the evening.

Tonight I got this message in my inbox:

We're sorry you may have had trouble watching instantly on your computer

Dear Laura,

Last night, you may have had trouble watching movies or TV shows instantly on your computer due to technical issues on the website.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. If you were unable to watch a movie or TV show last night due to the technical issues on the website, please click the link below, and we will apply a 2% credit to your next billing statement.

If you tried to watch a movie or TV show on the website last night and would like a credit, click on this account specific link in the next 7 days to apply your 2% credit. Credit can only be applied once.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding. If you need further assistance, please call us at 1-866-923-0898.

-The Netflix Team


My response?

You guys are so cool.

Thank you.

-Laura


(Granted, 2% equates to about a 25-cent pack of gum, but hey, I like gum.)

No comments: