Monday, November 19, 2007

Keeping it Under a Minute

So I finally submitted my 606 work. I originally had plans to have the "saw-the-lady-in-half" trick to really get goofy: the rabid rabbit was going to jump up and chomp on her leg and dangle from it (I suppose I could still do that?), and the magician was going to freak out, and a cop was going to run up on stage and cuff the guy, and the magician was going to try to escape with a poof of smoke that would ultimately fail (the cop would shake his head and lead the magician offstage).

That all didn't seem overly ambitious until I realized I only have 4 weeks to finish this film before the end of class 6 - and actually, really only 3 weeks, because the 4th week is kind of a wrap-up goodbye week. Then Christmas, then New Year's, and then graduation.

So, please let me know if you think this works. Unfortunately the blocking gets a little sloppy at the end, but right now I really just had to get the timing down and see if I could keep the film under a minute. The current duration is about 57 seconds (minus credits), whereas the other ending would be around 83 seconds (minus credits).












Thanks!

No comments: