Friday, June 06, 2008

3 Months To Go

We're getting married in 3 months!!!

So much is going on - it's a bit of a wonder that we're staying on track. Naveen graduates this month, we move, then he begins work as a software gaming engineer next month. Meanwhile I'm beginning to look at animation opportunities in the area.

I've gotta shout out to my friend Chris Street who just made the journey over to Rhythm & Hues. That is so awesome! Congrats. It's really cool starting to recognize more and more names in those animation credits. ;) And hey, it beats selling books called "How To Sell Books, Volume One" for a living, right?!?

I've had a couple friends and even some former profs give me a hard time about not applying yet to some of the big studios out west. Trust me, I'd love to do that, and I'm hoping to try soon. It's complicated, and right now it's a real benefit being close to family before the wedding. I do intend to spend a good part of the summer getting back into some animation. We had a really rough month in late April with some awful news that set us back for about a month. Meanwhile we also had to find a place in Chicago, and quick - and what a find! So now with that out of the way, and most of the wedding stuff in place, I can start to focus back on what I'd like to do most.

I think I'd like to do a couple of shorts - like, 10-20 second pieces, definitely using some dialogue. I know the pantomiming projects were great at AM, but I really think I'd like to do acting with dialogue in my next projects. If possible, I might even want to create the dialogue as well, vs. borrowing from a favorite movie. I'll keep you posted.

... Meanwhile... Still Psyched...

3 Months To Go!!!!!! Best wishes, everyone.







No comments: