Saturday, January 20, 2007

My Boithday

Hey, so I turned 24 on Tuesday (16th). It was a pretty nice birthday even though my mom and sister were in New York and couldn't celebrate with me - but dad and I went to Paula's downtown and had some great seafood, and I got a bunch of nice calls.

It occurs to me that I haven't really sounded too upbeat lately, so I'm going to start posting funny things on this blog, you know, to balance out all the serious stuff.

I can't remember the funny thing I was going to write about, so instead I'll tell you about the one time I went to the Cracker Barrell (Barrel?) with Naveen on Easter several years ago... never again, let me tell you.. but anyway, I really had a hankering for eggs benedict. So I asked the waitress when she came, "Do you have any eggs benedict? I can't see it on the menu, but I didn't know if maybe I missed it, or there might be a special or something."

"Hmm, no, we don't have eggs benedict. But we do have French toast."
(Gesturing to the entree list)

I looked up at Naveen, and he looked up at me, and all I could say was, "We're going to need a few minutes."

How the hell do you go from eggs benedict to French toast? They are nothing alike! The bulk of the conversation, then, for that morning, centered not around the glorious event of God's Son being raised into heaven, but instead about breakfast items that could only be compared by a few common ingredients - but otherwise come out completely different.

I wish I could remember the other funny story... but it will come to me later.

No comments: