Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Class 6 News

So, here's just a tad of news for anyone who's curious.

My new mentor this term is a really cool guy, Greg Whittaker, who I'll meet via webcam tomorrow night (and every Wednesday night for 12 weeks) from 11:30pm - 12:30am. Here's some profile info on Greg:

About Me
I have worked in the animation industry for close to fifteen years. After graduating from Sheridan College, I worked for a brief period in studios in Toronto and Vancouver before accepting a position at Chuck Jones Film Productions. I spent 3 wonderful years there working on theatrical shorts starring classic Looney Tunes characters. I made the move over to Dreamworks in 1997 and have spent the last 10 years there working on both traditional and CG films. Most recently I completed work on Flushed Away and am currently working on Jerry Seinfeld's Bee Movie.

My Interests
Spending time with my family, sports, movies and music.


So that's pretty awesome. Also, I've updated my schedule so that it's not so daunting (the one I made in July or so was just ridiculous)! Here's the new version:



Also, some new character sketches:




Now it's definitely time to jump into Maya and get going on my first shot! I want to try to block it all out today, since it's only going to be a max of 4 seconds.

PS: Bruce Springsteen's new album comes out today. I'm so psyched...

No comments: