Saturday, January 12, 2008

Artsy Fartsy

Today was a real artsy-fartsy day. Got up early and spent several hours at the Legion of Honor, which is currently featuring Marie Antoinette (paintings of her, her furniture, jewelry, china, etc). Of course there are also a good handful of works by Rodin, Monet, Renoir, and other greats.

Afterward I jogged back to the condo and did a photo-dump so I'd have enough room for the next round of museum shots at the De Young. Unfortunately what I did forget was an extra set of batteries, which cut short my picture-taking there. Many great works though and I only wish it would have been next Friday, when they will start keeping the museum open Fridays much later until 8:30 or so, rather than 5:15.

I'll try to get photos up as soon as it's feasible.. for now, I need my beauty sleep. Big day tomorrow.

PS, tonight I went to Green Apple Books and spent an arm and a leg on a huge bagful of bargain books and CDs. Then we picked up Burmese food from a place called Mandalay Restaurant. I had the Asparagus Spicy Chicken (which also had eggplant and mushrooms in it, as well as basil and green chili and hot sauce, yow)! Really tasty. Nearby was another really awesome crepe place... soooo tempting... someday. Someday before I leave I will indulge. We watched La Vie en Rose, and now, it's time for bed.

No comments: